Current Openings with Pratt Energy:
Operations Technicians (Tech-s) will be trained in their area of responsibility for the operation of loading equipment and-or plant processing equipment. Tech’s responsibilities will vary with the need for routine maintenance in the production facility. Tech-s will be responsible for the safe use of equipment and safe use of chemicals in their area. Techs will be required to maintain knowledge of the process flow in their production area and computerized equipment affecting their work. Employees must be aware of the hazards associated with the process of producing ethanol and be able to execute standard operating procedures with safety awareness for themselves and fellow employees at all times.
The plant has a rotating shift for operations with a schedule of 4 days on then 4 days off. The shift then switches to 4 nights on and 4 days off. The shifts are 12-hour shifts and the plant operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Extended shifts and call-in hours may be required.
Some of the responsibilities of the operators are listed below, which vary with job responsibility. (click here)
Physical Requirements (click here)
- Occasionally lifting up to sixty pounds.
- Climbing several flights of stairs and ladders.
- Opening and closing valves.
- Occasionally bending, twisting and turning while lifting less than fifty pounds.
- Data entry while sitting for greater than two hours.
- Walking up to three miles per day.
- Pushing brooms, shovels, etc.
- Working at heights, in confined spaces and at temperatures from -20 degrees to excess of 100 degrees.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment including hard hat, safety glasses and steel toed boots.
- Using hand and power tools.